Sunday, March 7, 2010

And the Award Goes To

Our script is written. Our actors are chosen. Our sets have been mapped out. I'm not sure I'm happy with our decisions. I'm a control freak. I've had a difficult time only playing the role of sound techy for this project. I have found it extremely frustrating to pour my ideas into our movie- ideas that I, naturally, think are totally brilliant and experimental and would BLOW the audience's mind- and then have them shot down by the "higher" powers. Or, even more frustrating, have them stolen straight from my brain and rearranged into terrible semblances of what they originally were. I really would kind of like to be able to sit back and let those in charge figure out what they want to do and then let me know so I can just do my job. Oh the life of a writer must be so sad and terrible. It's funny to look around and see the other muffled control freaks. I feel relieved that I'm not alone. Don't get me wrong, my group is great.

I learned that the only sound I record while we're filming is dialogue. This is cool and uncool. Cool because it means that I can do whatever the heck I want with sound. If I want no sound, I can do it. If I want an overload of sound, I can do that too. I'm still confused about what my exact role is, though. It seems that the editor kind of does the same sort of stuff. I'm not sure if my job comes before or after the editing. Or inbetween? I'm really banking on one of Eric's sessions to cover this.

Gosh. What else is there to tell? I don't want to give away any plot details, so there's nothing more to tell on the movie front. I'm not sure what movie we're watching this week. It has to be better than the last, though.... The Academy Awards are on. I'm loving them. Sometimes I feel disillusioned by movies. I love it when award season rolls around and recreates the magic. It's so refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment