Friday, January 22, 2010

Will Mop for Peter

Directing is cool. Acting is fun. Lighting is a bore. Sound is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing. I kept hating myself while we watched the special on sound from Lord of the Rings. Why, oh WHY, was I not blessed with an innate love for film, and thus soundmaking? Instead, I'm going to manipulate joints and make people walk again. Arguably, I could change my life plan. It is, of course, never too late to find a new passion. I think I have quite a few character traits that would be beneficial in the world of soundmaking... I like to think I'm fairly creative, imaginative, a go-getter. But, on the other hand, I'm not sure I have the patience to do tedious work with things or co-workers. So, maybe sound's not for me. It was a nice dream while it lasted.

I found my gag reflex while we watched the Star Wars guys put their movie together. Watching them tear the movie apart and put it back together made me a nervous wreck. There are endless possibilities as to how that film, or any film for that matter, could be put together. I would drive myself crazy trying to figure out which version I liked best. I'm too much of a perfectionist. Needless to say, while I'm interested in the idea of editing 20 clips together to create a story, I'm definitely not excited. I think I'd rather watch Steven Spielberg do it.

I'm hoping to be discovered by Peter Jackson soon. I think I'll start sending him psycho fan mail, maybe show up at his "sound palace" once a week until he hires me. I'll mop his floors. Or brush his hair. I don't care. He seems like fun.

3 comments:

  1. You know, something tells me that even though Peter Jackson has TONS of money, he doesn't own a hairbrush. Mopping floors might find your way into his crew.

    It would be interesting to see what Mr. Spielberg would do with those clips...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven Spielberg would probably stare at those clips and just laugh. It's what I'm tempted to do when trying to figure out where to put the weird skeleton clip in my storyline... it's not really making sense!

    But yeah, it was crazy how much they could do with all of the new technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lighting is a bore? Just check out film noir!

    ReplyDelete